- Check the avalanche report and weather forecast. Information at: www.lawine.at or on the free hotline: 0800-800503
- Never tour without safety equipment (avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe). We also recommend an airbag. Remember to practice using your safety equipment
- Before leaving always check that your avalanche equipment works when going off-piste
- WARNING! The first day after heavy snowfall and/or bad weather is the most dangerous
- AVOID setting off avalanches and slides yourself
- AVOID cracks in the snow’s surface
- Pay attention to noises in the snow
- Never ski off-piste alone
- Never follow a strange track in unfamiliar terrain
- Ski one behind another when off-piste – keep a safe distance and pay attention to your guide
- When skiing or snowboarding off-piste in a group it is important to gather in a safe place. Remember to observe other skiers and snowboarders.
- Never traverse directly above another ski or snowboard group – keep your distance!
Taking part in our avalanche camp is always a good idea.